RES: [Paraview] Ensight reader

Benjamin REVEILLE benjamin.reveille at ifp.fr
Tue May 17 04:39:57 EDT 2005

Thanks Renato

You have showed me the way to write C Binary files with Fortran code...
character(LEN=80) :: buffer
open(unit=11,file='mai.geo',form='BINARY')
buffer="C Binary"
write(11) buffer

I was writting Fortran Binary files with Fortran Code
character(LEN=80) :: buffer
open(unit=11,file='mai.geo',form='UNFORMATTED')
buffer="Fortran Binary"
write(11) buffer

if you try both you will see the differrence...

form='BINARY' was not documeted in my fortran90 book... But seems to be
supported by my compiler (PGI 5.1). Is this an extension to the fortran
standards ???

This has been very useful since modification of my routines was minimal...

Ben

 mail : benjamin.reveille at ifp.fr