[Paraview] Re: General X window issue when running paraview server

谢鸿飞 fhxie at tom.com
Tue May 17 04:06:57 EDT 2005

There is a way about how to get X windows be opened when running
pvserver on a PC cluster.
If you use two pc as the pvserver, and the mpi can be run on the two pc, the only problem is you can’t run pvserver with tiled display.
Do the following step:
1)	if the two server PCs name is name1 and name2, and on the two PCs have the same user’s name is node1, and name1’s IP is 202.189.9.22, name2’s IP is 202.189.9.23, respectively
2)	On the Linux’s system of name1, under /home/node1 have a .bashrc file. You add two line like this
 export DISPLAY=202.189.9.22:0.0
          xhost +
The name2 PC configure like the PC1
 export DISPLAY=202.189.9.23:0.0