[Paraview] Bug in image Calculator?

Max Schoebinger m.schoebinger at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri May 13 10:12:14 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have attached the files I have used. For verification of vector
orientation I have used the glyph-filter with the following settings for
all images:

   Orient-Mode = Vector
   Scale Mode = Vector Magnitude
   Scale Factor =  1
   Vectors = Image File

If I  "transform" the file coordinateField_3x3x3.mhd (see image
vectors-before-calculate.png) using the image calculator and the formula
ImageFile_0*iHat - ImageFile_1*jHat + ImageFile_2*kHat paraview-1.4.2
gave me the results i expected (vectors-after-calculate.png). Using
paraview versions >= 1.6 the glyphed output of the calculator looks the
same as depicted in vectors-before-calculate.png.

Note: in the current cvs version a bug has been fixed, which resulted in
flipped vector fields if they were read from mhd files. So if you use
the cvs-version from today, you have to swap the to images in mind ;-)
Anyway, i think this is unrelated to the calculator behaviour i am
observing.

Thanks,

Max