[Paraview] Fwd: Paraview on mac / linux

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Mar 23 17:12:31 EST 2005

Paul Wells wrote:

> I have been trying to compile paraview on a mac under yellow dog linux.
>
> The compilation goes well until it tries to build the paraview executable, then I get this:
[snip]
> Building object file ParaView.o...
> Building executable /home/paulwells/paraview-1.8.3-linux/bin/paraview...
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/ppc64-yellowdog-linux/3.3.3/../../../../lib/crt1.o(.text+0x20): In function `_start':
> : relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 __libc_start_main@@GLIBC_2.0

It looks like the paraview executable might be too big for that system.
  Someone else has had a similar problem in another application:

http://www.mail-archive.com/xmame@toybox.twisted.org.uk/msg07077.html

You might be able to turn on BUILD_SHARED_LIBS to avoid such a large
executable.  Otherwise try following the instructions in the above link
and let us know.

-Brad