[Paraview] netCDF, Multiple outputs, multiple point data arrays

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Mar 21 01:05:00 EST 2005

I'm working on a netCDF reader which is working well on the majority of
datasets and will handle multiple point data arrays using the
PointDataArraySelection method that can be found in several of the more
advanced paraview readers. The Gui allows you to select which point data
to read. In this case, all the Variables present in the netCDF file are
basically the same size (identical x,y,z,t,spacing,origin etc)

But...
I've got some netCDF datasets that have mutiple Variables present in
them - with different sizes. So that either of the above mentioned
variables may be of different sizes. What I'd like to do, is create N
outputs, each with possibly M point data arrays. Effectively, calling
SetNumberOfOutputPorts in the execute information and assiging the
relevent information to them.

Can the PointDataArraySelection method be extended to handle this case,
so that the user can configure reads from the paraview GUI? if so, can
anyone give me either an example or some clues as to what to modify. If
this case can't be handled, then it's not too serious and I'll just
output one (probably the largest) of the "sets" of data.

thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch