[Paraview] Grid connectivity, Delaunay3D?

Daniel Goldstein Daniel.E.Goldstein at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 17 12:08:09 EST 2005

Hi

   I have been working with ParaView recently to visualize velocity and
vorticity fields generated form an adaptive wavelet collocation solver,
 which our group has been developing.  The data fields I have are an
adaptive subset of a regular grid. For each point in the field I have
scalar or vector values and a field location.  I have been saving data
into an unstructured grid VTK file format, but I do not have any cell
information,
just points in space.  This allows me to use glyphs but as far as I can
figure out I cannot do isosurfaces, volume visualizations, streamlines
and so on.
If I understand correctly Paraview needs connectivity information
between the points to be able to do these things.  The Delaunay3D filter
has been mentioned
recently on this list and from looking at the documentation the filter
might provide the connectivity  information I need. My questions are:

1) Does the Delaunay3D filter seem applicable to my need for generating
connectivity information between points in space?

2) Is there a reason the Delaunay3D filter was not included in ParaView

3) Could someone who has already implemented the necessary xml files to
allow the Delaunay3D filter to be loaded by ParaView please
    post them (or send them to me) so I do not have to duplicate your
work.  (I'll put in my IOU to do the same for others when I am up to speed
    with ParaView and VTK)

  Thanks in advance

Dan Goldstein