[Paraview] Input XML data source

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 28 07:58:07 EST 2005

Richard Haney wrote:
> Below is a copy of the XML file that causes the "crash" once the number
> of elements goes beyond 317:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE Xdmf SYSTEM "xdmf.dtd">
> <Xdmf>
> <Domain><Grid Name="Part Example">
> <Topology Type="Triangle" NumberOfElements="736" BaseOffset="0">
> <DataStructure Format="XML" Dimensions="736 3" DataType="Int">

I have reproduced the problem with your file.  There are two problems here:

1.) ParaView should not crash no matter the input given.  We'll fix that.

2.) You specify that the number of elements is 736 and the dimensions of
the array are 736x3 but only give 368 elements.  If I change the
736->368 then the crash goes away.

-Brad