[Paraview] Questions about Paraview

David Van Vliet (Personal) dvanvliet at gto.net
Thu Jan 27 12:06:09 EST 2005

Hello folks

I'm trying to evaluate the potential to use Paraview to visualize water
resources and hydrogeology data in 3D.  Can anybody help me with the
following questions?

a)  is there any way for paraview to import/display topographic base maps
(i.e. roads, streams) provided in a format such as AutoCAD DWG or DXF?
b)  Does Paraview include any 2D and 3D interpolation routines (i.e.
kriging) that would allow me to visualize randomly scattered data?
c)  Is the VTK format suitable for me to import and visualize
one-dimensional line segments?
d)  has anybody out there use Paraview for this type of application?

thanks,
David Van Vliet