[Paraview] Question about avi output

Thierry Dubuis tdubuis at scconsultants.com
Thu Jan 27 03:59:43 EST 2005

Hello,

For 1 month, I try to use Paraview to visualize the vtk output of a scientist software.

When I see the last version 1.8.3 I download it to see the last modifications.

I see in the last version, you add 2 files movies outputs : mp2 and avi.
First I use the mp2 and when I try to reload this files in application which read mp2 files. it gives me an file format error.
Second I try to use the avi output. And I have this error message :
"There was a VTK Error in file: C: martink ParaView ParaView18 GUI Client vtkAVIWriter.cxx (139)
 Unable to compress C:/TEMP/test.avi" in the Paraview Error log window

Could you explain me where is the problem ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Thierry Dubuis
Sciences & Computer Consultants