[Paraview] Creating new widgets in paraview interface

Jan Jørgensen jzj at force.dk
Tue Jan 25 10:55:48 EST 2005

Hi

I am new to Paraview but have a little experience in tcl/tk. I am working with a project that involves sequential import of data from a transient CFD calculation. The import function is running via a script on a standard Paraview installation and works for now.

My problem is that i have been asked to extend the functionality of the import function, by placing a button and a checkbox in paraview to control manual/automatic import of the data. The -command part of the widgets is no problem, but i am having trouble getting the widgets displayed in the Paraview GUI

I have tried to implement the widgets through standard tk with "." as the parent window. I get no error from Paraview but i dont get my widgets either. Does anyone know of a way to extend the left panel with user-programmable widgets, if possible with a script so it can be distributed with the standard Paraview installation. It would be nice if a new tab on the "Source" panel could be created that could hold them, so as not to clutter up the standard tabs.

regards

Jan Jørgensen

Project Engineer
Industrial Aerodynamics