[Paraview] distributed processing

Jack Gundrum jsg3 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 21 14:53:23 EST 2005

I read in the Paraview Guide that paraview automagically decides wether
to create
processes on other machines when run in parallel. I am running a server
with the command

mpirun -nolocal -np 2 -machinefile /usr/global/jsg3/machines.LINUX
/usr/global/paraview-1.8.1/bin/paraview --server

which should use 2 machines from the machine list specified. I then
connect with a client using

 paraview -c --host=128.118.xxx.xx

My question is why I dont see a process spawned on the second machine in
the list?

It does create a file called PIxxxx with the following contents?

jib   0 /usr/global/paraview-1.8.1/bin/paraview
jem 1 /usr/global/paraview-1.8.1/bin/paraview