[Paraview] paraview and mpi

Dustin dustin at gandalf.acomp.usf.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:43:04 EST 2005

Hello,

	I am having a little trouble in starting Paraview with MPI. I have
version 1.2.6 of MPICH and Paraview 1.8.2 running on CentOS 3.1. Here is
my command-line to start the server:

> mpirun -np 6 /usr/local/bin/paraview --server --port 50000

I get an error stating there is a problem parsing a command-line
argument, -p4pg and then the options for paraview and then am returned
to the command-line. I believe the -p4pg argument has something to do
with MPICH, but I can't exactly figure where the argument is being
thrown in. If anyone knows of this problem and has a solution any help
would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dustin Binge
University of South Florida
Academic Computing - Research Computing Core Facility