[Paraview] Storing camera position to a file...

Stanton, Eric T etstant at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 11 17:34:22 EST 2005

Renato,

Lookmarks will allow you to create a "visual bookmark" of a view of your
data. It leverages the "Save Session State" feature currently in
ParaView but has the added benefit of letting you apply multiple
lookmarks to a single dataset and changing the dataset to which a
lookmark is applied all in the same paraview session. There is also a
Lookmark Manager which let's you view and organize your lookmarks
(represented by a thumbnail, name, dataset name, and comments field).
You can save the lookmarks in the Lookmark Manager to a file that can
then be "imported" into a different paraview session. I could also add
an option to "only save camera settings" to replace the functionality in
the Camera tab. As far as availability goes, I am working with Kitware
to get it into standard ParaView. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Best,

Eric