[Paraview] Problem running Paraview in client/server mode

Renato N. Elias rnelias at superig.com.br
Sun Jan 9 17:28:51 EST 2005

Dear ParaView Developers

I've been trying to run Paraview (v.1.8.2) in client/server mode as
exemplified in page 91 of the Paraview Guide over a two very simple Windows
system (2 AMD Athlons running Win2K conected through a TCP/IP network over a
10/100 swith), but when I tried to open my data file in the client machine
(menu File\Open data) I received the following message from the machine
runing the pvserver:

"ERROR: In
C:\martink\ParaView\ParaView18\Servers\Filters\vtkPVServerFileListing.cxx,
line 170 vtkPVServerFileListing(038555F0): Error calling FindNextFile:
Invalid identifier."

Is there any extra procedure not described in ParaView Guide to fix this
problem?

Thanks for any help

Renato N. Elias
COPPE/UFRJ
Rio de Janeiro/Brasil

p.s.: I don't have a directory called "C:\martink" in my machine. I think
that this directory is regarding to "Ken Martin" ParaView's developer ;-)