[Paraview] KWRange slider SetGroupRangeCallback

Jean M. Favre jfavre at cscs.ch
Thu Dec 8 09:27:48 EST 2005

Hello

I have an application (similar to the KWWidgets example) running well
with the ParaView 2.4.1.

Ijust tried to compile it with ParaView CVS. The compilation goes well.
On execution, grabbing the slider and moving it gives me the following
error:

ERROR: In /local/apps/ParaView/GUI/Widgets/vtkKWTkUtilities.cxx, line 217
vtkKWApplication (0x8107258):
    Script:
vtkTemp42 SetGroupRangeCallback 2 3
    Returned Error on line 1:
Object named: vtkTemp42, could not find requested method:
SetGroupRangeCallback
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.

Using the command prompt, demonstrates in fact that there should be no
argument and that the application behaves as it does (as with ParaView
2.4.1)

"vtkTemp42 SetGroupRangeCallback" without argument is correct and
invokes the callback.

My code defines the following:

this->range->SetEndCommand(this, "SetGroupRangeCallback");

void Example::SetGroupRangeCallback()
{
  double range[2];
  this->range->GetRange(range);
}

I am aware that a lot has changed in the last few days with the
KWWidgets. Is this a new problem?

Thanks for any help
--
Dr. Jean M. Favre,                            email:favre @ cscs.ch