[Paraview] problem building cvs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 25 09:25:55 EDT 2005

Berk Geveci wrote:
> Can you provide more information about your build:
> * the CMakeCache.txt from your build directory
> * CMake version
> * platform you are building on
> * compiler version

Normally this information should be included in a report but I happened
to realize the problem anyway...

> On 8/24/05, Dustin Binge <dustin at gandalf.acomp.usf.edu> wrote:
>>Building C object Common/KWCommon/kwProcessXML.dir/ProcessXML-forward.o
>>Linking C executable bin/kwProcessXML
>>Generating vtkSMGeneratedModules.h
>>Error converting executable file "../../bin/kwProcessXML-real" to real
>>path: No such file or directory

The problem is that when VTK_USE_RPATH is OFF then kwProcessXML is
actually a small forwarding executable that internally calls
kwProcessXML-real.  Since the executable is needed during the build
process then building kwProcessXML should also build kwProcessXML-real.
  I've added the dependency:

/cvsroot/ParaView/ParaView/Common/KWCommon/CMakeLists.txt,v  <--
CMakeLists.txt

If you update from CVS the problem should be fixed.

-Brad