FW: RES: [Paraview] Problems reading Ensight files

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Wed Aug 17 17:32:37 EDT 2005

You should not be directly loading any EnSight
files other than case files. A case file does not
contain any geometry or variables, but it points
to the files that do. When you load a case file
in ParaView, the corresponding geometry and
variable files are loaded as a result. For your
data set, you should be able to load file.encas
into ParaView. Doing this will cause your
geometry (file.geo) and variable (file.vel and
file.scl1) files to be read as well. ParaView
does not know how to load EnSight geometry or
variable files apart from the case file, so if
you try to load them separately, nothing should be displayed.

- Amy