[Paraview] Abot display pipeline!

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Aug 2 12:02:51 EDT 2005

vtkSMCompositePartDisplay has become vtkSMCompositeDisplayProxy (since
PV2.2). Internally, when the input to vtkSMCompositeDisplayProxy is set,
the display pipeline is created which takes the input set.
vtkMPIMoveData filter is created as a part of this display pipeline, see
vtkSMCompositeDisplayProxy::SetupPipeline() and
vtkSMDataObjectDisplayProxy::SetupPipeline().

The UpdateSuppressor is created on DataServer/RenderServer/Client,
the GeometryFilter created on DataServer and the MPIMoveData filter
is created on DataServer/RenderServer/Client.

The data server pipelines can are connected to GeometryFilter directly,
since both are on data server alone. The input to MPIMoveData is
GeomtryFilter output. This is set only on the DataServer (sine
GeometryFilter is only on DataServer) (see vtkSMSourceProxy::AddInput).
The MPIMoveData makes the geom available on renderserver/client as needed.

Same is true before PV2.2, but I am not sure where the relevant code is.

Utkarsh.