[Paraview] Adding a new vtkCamera

Joel Howard Willis Weinberger jweinber at cs.brown.edu
Mon Aug 1 12:01:31 EDT 2005

I recently created a new subclass of vtkCamera (the
purpose of which is to add a head tracking support for 3d interactive environments) to add to a
custom render module. I created several vtk test suites in which the new
camera functioned very well.

However, when I added the line

Renderer -> SetActiveCaveCamera(newCamera);

where newCamera is an instance of the vtkCamera subclass I get the error:
"p0_1260:  p4_error: interrupt SIGSEGV: 11"

Does anyone have any idea of how to add a new vtkCamera to a render
module? It seems like you should be able to arbitrarily switch cameras in
your render module. Thanks.

--Joel Weinberger, Brown University