[Paraview] Extending ParaView unsing existing VTK sources anf filters.

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Apr 19 08:28:20 EDT 2005

At 04:00 AM 4/19/2005, Mattijs Janssens wrote:
>Hi Andrew,
>
>these are the xml files we use for our reader module. This is perhaps not
>what you are looking for (since it is about a reader, not a filter).
>
>Maybe there is a section in the paraview book?

Yes, there is.  Section 17.3 is about adding the necessary XML to ParaView
when you want to add a new module (reader, filter, etc.).  It also briefly
describes creating a new library for the new module, but points you to
ParaView/Examples/PVLocal/README.txt for more details.  Chapter 19 is about
writing ParaView readers, but some of that information also applies to
other sources and filters.

- Amy