[Paraview] Extending ParaView unsing existing VTK sources anf filters.

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at cas.edu.au
Mon Apr 18 21:41:28 EDT 2005

It is not clear from the ParaView manual how to extend ParaView using
existing VTK sources and filters.

Do I:
1) Create a new directory somewhere and define PV_INTERFACE_PATH to point to
it?
2) Create a file called myfilters.xml with entries in it like:
   <ModuleInterfaces>
   <Module name="" ...
   </Module>
   </ModuleInterfaces>

I have looked at:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2003-September/000290.html

But I think this is more for when you create your own code.

Has anyone any pointers on how to do this for existing VTK code such as
vtkParametricMobius (a source) or vtkQuantizePolyData (a filter)?

If I manage to get the vtk sources or filters into ParaView will static
linking still work?

What about parallelization? Some filters are not parallelizable - will this
affect ParaView?

Thanks for any comments.

Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean