[Paraview] Sorry for the 2 previous posts (this is the one)

Nick Franklin nickfzx at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 11:53:19 EDT 2004

 Thanks again

>Is the server behind a firewall where the client would have a hard time
connecting to it?  Are you passing the host
>name of the server to the client using the --host argument on the client
command-line. (The default is "localhost",
>which would explain the behavior you are seeing.)

No it isn't behind a firewall and I don't get this problem when using just
the client with the server, it only starts when I add the render server into
the mix.

>Yes, the reason for using a separate render server is if the machines of
the render server have better rendering capabilities
>than the machines of the data server.

Thanks that may allieviate the need to even use the render server, I'll have
to think about it :).

Regards

Nick

Nick Franklin