[Paraview] adding c++ code as a filter to paraview?

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 05:48:49 EDT 2004

I tried compiling the LEA code and it doesn't like the #include <iostream.h>
statements. I've commented out all std::cout << and std::cerr and removed
the iostream references so it now compiles under MSVS 7.1. These files are
the modified ones attached. As a future improvement, tweaking the code to
use the vtk iostreams stuff might be a good idea.

As an aside. When running cmake I got errors trying to load the paraview
cmake extensions
debugging with this...
    MESSAGE(Error "${PARAVIEW_VTK_DIR}")
    MESSAGE(Error "${VTK_WRAP_ClientServer}")
    MESSAGE(Error "${PARAVIEW_CMAKE_EXTENSIONS_DIR}")
the second two variables were blank strings, so the macro wasn't working. I
haven't fixed this as it's probably something dodgy with my local setup and
I couldb't do a cvs update because the kitware server seems to have a disk
full and cvs gave me an error.

anyway, try these modified source files and see if your code compiles.

JB