[Paraview] Start-up command line option troubles

Joel Welling welling at stat.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 7 19:29:25 EDT 2004

Hi folks;
  I'm trying to start up paraview in server mode under MPI, using OSMesa and
offscreen rendering.  Things start up, but the workers still open and draw to
windows on my display.  The command line I'm trying is:

prun -N 2 -n 8 `which paraview` --server --use-software-rendering
--use-offscreen-rendering

and a number of variants thereon.  (prun -N 2 -n 8 is our system's equivalent
of the mpirun command).
  My paraview is built with OSMesa enabled and 'nm `which paraview`' does list
a number of OSMesa entry points.  What should the command line arguments be?
Is there a way to see which versions of various modules paraview is using at
any given point?

Thanks,
-Joel
 welling at psc.edu