[Paraview] Library Loading Error on Startup

Jeremy Stout stout.jeremy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:35:11 EDT 2004

Hello, I installed Paraview on a Linux machine in the
/usr/local/packages/bin directory. Since I was compiling it from the
source code, I logged in as a local user and switched to root so I
would have the necessary permissions to install the files to the
desired location. That worked. I can run Paraview using my own
username or when I am running as root. However, when another user
tries to use it, they get the following error message:

paraview: error while loading shared libraries: libvtkKWParaViewCS.so:

I suspect that it might be a permissions error, but I checked all the
files and folders that point to that library and everything seems to
be ok. Is there a way to specify the library when I am starting
Paraview or link the library in statically? Any help in this matter
would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jeremy Stout