[Paraview] Camera clipping planes

Patrick Brockmann Patrick.Brockmann at cea.fr
Fri Oct 29 05:35:52 EDT 2004

Hi all,

In paraview, is there a way to set a camera with your own location of
the near and far clipping planes ?

I really need this feature to hide the far scene of my objets
(climate earth models watched with orthographic projection).

With VTK API in python, I have been able to compute this with the
following lines:
def ProjOrthoResetClippingRange(obj, event):
       camera=ren1.GetActiveCamera()
       camera.SetFocalPoint(0,0,0)
       camera_dist=camera.GetDistance()
       camera.SetClippingRange(0.1,camera_dist)

ren1=vtk.vtkRenderer()
ren1.AddObserver("ResetCameraEvent",ProjOrthoResetClippingRange)
ren1.AddObserver("EndEvent",ProjOrthoResetClippingRange)

Let me know if this feature could be add in paraview ?

Patrick