[Paraview] compiling paraview-1.6.3

Jason.Beech-Brandt at ed.ac.uk Jason.Beech-Brandt at ed.ac.uk
Wed Oct 6 04:44:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to compile paraview-1.6.3 on an SunBlade 1000 running Solaris
8.  My compiler is gcc/g++-3.4.2.  Everything compiles fine, including the
paraview executable, however the library libucb.so.1 is linked in, and the
library path /usr/ucblib is not included in the runtime library search
path by cmake.  Modifying my LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include
/usr/ucblib seems to fix the problem, as I guess would including
-L/usr/ucblib -R/usr/ucblib in the linker flags when compiling paraview.

I don't remember having this problem with previous versions of paraview.
Has something changed to require the use of this library?  Or has it
always been used by paraview?  I must admit, I'm not even really sure what
this library is for.

Any comments most welcome.

Cheers

Jason