[Paraview] Analyse to vtk

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Nov 22 09:11:05 EST 2004

Sanjay Kharche wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have a 3D MRI data set in Analyse format and I would like to convert it into
> vtk/Paraview format. How can this be done?

Well, I know that ITK can read Analyse format. So what I would suggest
is use ITK to convert Analyse to UNC meta image data. Then you just need
vtkMetaImageReader to read it back in VTK/ParaView.

> The second question is how can I convert vtk into simple ascii data set?

Well I guess VTK legacy format is pretty close to a simple ascii data
set. The only problem is that ParaView write the file in binary. So you
might need a simple VTK script to do the conversion.

ParaView might not be the best tool for ImageData, did you try VolView
(http://www.kitware.com/products/volview.html).

HTH
Mathieu