[Paraview] off screen rendering

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:06:47 EST 2004

Hello,

I am trying to run paraview in client server mode with off screen
rendering. The server is running
on nodes that do not have an X server. I have compiled paraview 1.6.2
against Mesa 5.0.2. When
I start the server with mpirun I give it the --server and -os option. I
start the server and when I
try to connect with the client I vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow gives a bad X
server connection
error. Is there a way to accomplish software rendering on nodes with no X
server? I compiles
with the osmesa option in cmake enabled. What am I doing wrong?

Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu