[Paraview] Calculating Volumes

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:13:03 -0400

Ezequiel,

Although VTK has a filter (vtkMassProperties) that calculates the volume of
a closed surface, it has not been integrated into ParaView.  You could save
out the data and use a VTK script to compute the volume.

Although it will not probably help you, you can get an estimate of the
volume if your structured data set is a uniform grid (image).  Just use
threshold instead of contour and look at the number of cells on the
information page.

Charles.