[Paraview] PowerCrust in Filters

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:01:27 -0500

Hi Axel,

I just tried adding this algorithm to my build of VTK and then making it
available in ParaView. It worked fine for me. Here is my XML code:

   <Module name="PowerCrust"
           menu_name="Power Crust"
           root_name="PowerCrust"
           module_type="Filter"
           long_help="power crust filter"
           short_help="power crust filter">
     <Filter class="vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction">
       <Input name="Input"
              class="vtkDataSet"/>
     </Filter>
     <InputMenu trace_name="Input" label="Input"
                help="Set the input to this filter."
                input_name="Input"/>
   </Module>

The differences I see from yours are that 1) the input accepts vtkDataSet,
not just vtkPolyData and 2) the InputMenu code should not go inside the
<Filter> </Filter> tags.

If you added this code to Filters.xml, be sure to recompile ParaView. It
converts the XML to a header file. If you put this XML code in a separate
file, it needs to be loaded before you can use it (File menu | Import Package).

- Amy