[Paraview] animation scripting

Charles Law charles.law at kitware.com
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:34:24 -0500

Axel,

I wrote this script in the animation editor which made the cone (pvSource
vtkTemp778) move,  but this would not be very useful for creating complex
motions.

# globalPVTime is provided by the animation
# interface for convenience.
# It varies linearly between 0 and 1 (0 at the
# first frame, 1 at the last frame).

# The source modified is: vtkTemp778
[vtkTemp778 GetPVOutput] SetActorTranslate $globalPVTime $globalPVTime 0

The Animation interface is on our list for improvement.  I expect we will
finish a better version in about six months.

For now I would suggest you write a ParaView script than generated the
motion you want.  A trace file would be a good starting point for your
script.  Generate you objects, move the translation/rotation sliders on the
display page then save and edit the trace file.

Charles.