[Paraview] Merging vtkXMLStructuredGrid Files for viewing in Paraview

Steve Hudson s_hudson13 at hotmail.com
Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:55:07 +0000

I have created the given pvd file which allows me to view the separate files
together. Thanks Berk!Now I'm wondering whether its possible to merge the
boundaries. At the moment, the points at the boundaries are repeated (so the
whole problem has extra points), but the same number of cells.
Can this be done?

Steve

You have to create a simple meta-file that points to the other files.
The meta-file (.pvd extension, for ParaView data) is also in xml format
and should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<VTKFile type="Collection" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian"
         compressor="vtkZLibDataCompressor">
  <Collection>
    <DataSet part="0" file="multiblock/multiblock_0.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="1" file="multiblock/multiblock_1.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="2" file="multiblock/multiblock_2.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="3" file="multiblock/multiblock_3.vts"/>
    <DataSet part="4" file="multiblock/multiblock_4.vts"/>
  </Collection>
</VTKFile>

If you then open the pvd file, ParaView should load all the parts.

-Berk

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger