[Paraview] Viewing vectors by components

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:57:11 -0500

At 01:50 PM 3/8/2004, Steve Hudson wrote:
>In the "color by" option under the display tab, my velocity vector comes
>up as "velocity(3)". When I select this the image is coloured according to
>the X-component of the velocity. Is it possible to colour by the Y, Z or
>magnitude?

Yes. Click on the "Edit Color Map..." button (in the same section as the
Color by menu). On the page that appears, there is a section labelled
"Vector". The second menu in that section allows you to select which
component to color by. (The first menu selects whether to color by a single
component of the vector or to color by the vector magnitude.)

- Amy