[Paraview] Pieces

Mattijs Janssens M.Janssens at nabla.co.uk
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 18:41:52 +0000

Thanks Amy.

My problem is that I need to output the values on all of the regions on
the outside of my 3D mesh and would like to use polyData for that. Guess
I'll have to create a subdirectory for every region and create one file
per time in there. This would allow me to look at time evolution on a
region.

Is there no file format/reader which has something of the like (regions,
named boundaries)?

Thanks,

Mattijs

Amy Henderson wrote:

> [...]
>> /*---------------------------------------------------------*\
>> | ===========           Mattijs Janssens                    |
>> | \\        /           Development Engineer                |
>> |  \\      /                                                |
>> |   \\    /             Nabla Ltd.                          |
>> |    \\  /              The Mews, Picketts Lodge            |
>> |     \\/               Picketts Lane, Salfords,            |
>> |     F ield            Surrey RH1 5RG.                     |
>> |     O peration        Tel: +44 (0)1293 821272             |
>> |     A nd              Email: m.janssens at Nabla.co.uk       |
>> |     M anipulation     URL: http://www.Nabla.co.uk         |
>> \*---------------------------------------------------------*/
>>

>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <VTKFile type="PolyData" version="0.1" byte_order="LittleEndian">
>> <PolyData >
>>     <Piece Name="movingWall" NumberOfPoints="4" NumberOfVerts="0"
>> NumberOfLines="0" NumberOfStrips="0" NumberOfPolys="1">
>>         <Points >
>>             <DataArray type="Float32" NumberOfComponents="3"
>> format="ascii">
>>              0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 1
>>             </DataArray>
>>         </Points>
>>         <Polys >
>>             <DataArray type="Int32" Name="connectivity" format="ascii">
>>              0 2 3 1
>>             </DataArray>
>>             <DataArray type="Int32" Name="offsets" format="ascii">
>>              4
>>             </DataArray>
>>         </Polys>
>>     </Piece>
>>     <Piece Name="fixedWalls" NumberOfPoints="8" NumberOfVerts="0"
>> NumberOfLines="0" NumberOfStrips="0" NumberOfPolys="3">
>>         <Points >
>>             <DataArray type="Float32" NumberOfComponents="3"
>> format="ascii">
>>              0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1
>>             </DataArray>
>>         </Points>
>>         <Polys >
>>             <DataArray type="Int32" Name="connectivity" format="ascii">
>>              0 4 6 2 1 3 7 5 0 1 5 4
>>             </DataArray>
>>             <DataArray type="Int32" Name="offsets" format="ascii">
>>              4 8 12
>>             </DataArray>
>>         </Polys>
>>     </Piece>
>>     <Piece Name="frontAndBack" NumberOfPoints="8" NumberOfVerts="0"
>> NumberOfLines="0" NumberOfStrips="0" NumberOfPolys="2">
>>         <Points >
>>             <DataArray type="Float32" NumberOfComponents="3"
>> format="ascii">
>>              0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 1
>>             </DataArray>
>>         </Points>
>>         <Polys >
>>             <DataArray type="Int32" Name="connectivity" format="ascii">
>>              0 2 3 1 4 5 7 6
>>             </DataArray>
>>             <DataArray type="Int32" Name="offsets" format="ascii">

| ===========           Mattijs Janssens                    |
| \\        /           Development Engineer                |