[Paraview] error loading local library

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Mon, 05 Jan 2004 09:27:09 -0500

> setting PV_INTERFACE_PATH to a user-defined XML file including a local
> library works very well in the 1.0.4 version. I also have set
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH and TCLLIBPATH and my local lib is loaded without any
> problems in v 1.0.4.
>
> Using the same 3 env. variables but switching to the cvs dev version of
> paraview, I get parsing errors which I do not know how to solve. Has the
>   <Library name=""/> syntax been changed?

The syntax did not change. However, we are no longer using Tcl as the
communication language between ParaView client and server
(client/server design is also used when running as a single process).
We are using a simple wrapping layer that is binary (no more converting
float arguments to strings and strings to float) and more compact. This
requires that you create wrappers for your library.  I will let Brad
describe how you can do that since I have little experience with it
so far.

-Berk