[Paraview] Some questions about ParaView

seidon Po baoseidon at yahoo.com.cn
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 21:33:21 +0800 (CST)

--0-1270259507-1073136801=:42373

But I can't find how to detach 3D window in command line arguments.

How about dataglove/wand?

thx,

-Po Seidon

Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:

> Paraview is really great.

Thanks.

> But I think it also have some shortcomings.It has not enough data
> readers for engineering analysis.

I agree. We hope that with time people will contribute more readers
to ParaView (or VTK). Our current priority is to implement readers used
by our customers.

> It can't support animation for vector field visualization(not
> transient data) too.

This will be in ParaView in the future. I don't know how soon though.

> Paraview using splt frame packing mechanism is so weird. I don't know
> if it support fullscreen.

Sure it does. You can either run ParaView with a detach 3D window
or in client-server mode.

> And if I want to attach the VR device, What should we do?

ParaView has extensive support for large displays. It has two built
in powerwall options: Ice-T and native. It is also possible to use
Chromium with ParaView. Stereo support for Ice-T is in the works.
It is, of course, possible to modify the source code to make it work
with a particular VR device.

-Berk

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1270259507-1073136801=:42373

<DIV>
<DIV>But I can't find how to detach 3D window in command line arguments. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How about dataglove/wand?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>thx,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-Po Seidon</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><B><I>Berk Geveci &lt;berk.geveci at kitware.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P>&gt; Paraview is really great.<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>&gt; But I think it also have some shortcomings.It has not enough data<BR>&gt; readers for engineering analysis.<BR><BR>I agree. We hope that with time people will contribute more readers<BR>to ParaView (or VTK). Our current priority is to implement readers used<BR>by our customers.<BR><BR>&gt; It can't support animation for vector field visualization(not<BR>&gt; transient data) too.<BR><BR>This will be in ParaView in the future. I don't know how soon though.<BR><BR>&gt; Paraview using splt frame packing mechanism is so weird. I don't know<BR>&gt; if it support fullscreen.</P>
<P>Sure it does. You can either run ParaView with a detach 3D window<BR>or in client-server mode. </P>
<P>&gt; And if I want to attach the VR device, What should we do?<BR><BR>ParaView has extensive support for large displays. It has two built<BR>in powerwall options: Ice-T and native. It is also possible to use<BR>Chromium with ParaView. Stereo support for Ice-T is in the works. <BR>It is, of course, possible to modify the source code to make it work<BR>with a particular VR device.</P>
<P>-Berk</P>
--0-1270259507-1073136801=:42373--