[Paraview] ParaView on the Mac

Jon H Kaspersen Jon.H.Kaspersen at sintef.no
Tue Dec 14 01:38:02 EST 2004

Hi again,

Building ParaView using the X11 libs will work, I know - I have tried
that.
So, I was trying to build ParaView with the Carbon approach in order
not to be
depending on the X11 installation.  ParaView was building with the
Carbon
approach a while back, but was buggy, probably because of the lack of
OS X
support in the Tcl/Tk version I used then.

Regards
Jon

> ParaView always builds its own Tcl/Tk (8.4.5) that comes in the source
> tree, so the version of Tcl on your system does not matter.  As far as
> this error, I think you have to build ParaView with
>
> VTK_USE_COCOA:BOOL=OFF
> VTK_USE_CARBON:BOOL=OFF
> VTK_USE_X:BOOL=ON
>
> -Brad

Jon Harald Kaspersen                        Mob:	   +47 93 03 65 90
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Senior Scientist
SINTEF Helse
N-7465 Trondheim