[Paraview] building paraview-1.8.1 on sparc-solaris 2.8

Jason.Beech-Brandt at ed.ac.uk Jason.Beech-Brandt at ed.ac.uk
Mon Dec 13 12:16:12 EST 2004

Hi Brad,

I had a look through the CMakeError.log as you suggest and found the
following,

Determining if getsockname accepts socklen_t type  failed with the
following output:
Building object file vtkTestSocklenT.o...
c++ -o vtkTestSocklenT.o         -Wno-deprecated  -Wno-deprecated     -c
/deptpc/scratch/jbbrand1/packages/paraview-1.8.1/VTK/CMake/vtkTestSocklenT.cxx
Building executable
/deptpc/scratch/jbbrand1/packages/paraview-1.8.1-solaris/VTK/CMakeTmp/SocklenT/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec...
c++            -Wno-deprecated  -Wno-deprecated   -fPIC  vtkTestSocklenT.o
-o
/deptpc/scratch/jbbrand1/packages/paraview-1.8.1-solaris/VTK/CMakeTmp/SocklenT/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec
Undefined			first referenced
 symbol  			    in file
getsockname                         vtkTestSocklenT.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
/deptpc/scratch/jbbrand1/packages/paraview-1.8.1-solaris/VTK/CMakeTmp/SocklenT/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: ***
[/deptpc/scratch/jbbrand1/packages/paraview-1.8.1-solaris/VTK/CMakeTmp/SocklenT/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec]
Error 1

So I guess the executable can't be built as getsockname is not defined.
Can this be fixed by just adding -lsocket to the compile line?

Thanks

Jason