[Paraview] error importing vts on IRIX

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Aug 11 16:39:04 EDT 2004

Johannes Barner wrote:
> This works fine on a Linux box, but with IRIX 6.5 I got the
> following message and no visualization of the contents:
>
> ErrorMessage
> # Error or warning: There was a VTK Error in file: /usr/local/src/paraview-1.4.2/VTK/IO/vtkXMLStructuredDataReader.cxx (277)
>  Error reading extent 0 2 0 2 0 0 from piece 0
> ErrorMessage end

Several major MIPSpro compiler versions were released with a buggy
streams library.  A huge amount of work has been put into tracking down
these bugs and putting work-arounds in VTK.  This may be yet another
such problem.

What is your compiler version (output of CC -version)?

Also, please go to the top level of the build tree.  There should be
files called CMakeError.log and CMakeCache.txt.  Please send me the
CMakeError.log via private email (no need to clutter the list) along
with the output of running

  grep EOF_RESULT CMakeCache.txt

in that directory.

Thanks,