[Paraview] GroupParts filter

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:41:46 -0400

Hi Patrick,

This is actually the expected behavior in ParaView. The Group Parts filter
does not merge the input data sets into a single data set, but instead
groups the separate inputs so that a single filter can be applied to all of
the parts at the same time. When you run the CleanUnstructuredGrid filter
on the results of GroupParts, you are actually applying an instance of
CleanUnstructuredGrid to each individual part. The instances of
CleanUnstructuredGrid have no knowledge of each other, which would be
necessary in order to merge points across datasets.

That said, this would be a feature request, not a bug. You could add it to
the ParaView bug tracker (http://www.paraview.org/Bug/) and mark it as a
feature request.

- Amy