[Paraview] client/server with mpich-gm

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa . uiuc . edu
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:39:06 -0500

Hi paraviewers,

I have a question about how to use paraview in client server mode with
mpich-gm. I have no
problem with doing this under regular mpich. The situation with mpichgm is
this. I start a bunch
of server nodes via the mpirun command with the -server argument to
paraview. I then try to
start the client without using mpirun ( ie just paraview -client ... etc)
and I get an error asking
me for some GM magic number. I know this description of my problem is not
the best but
I was just wondering if anyone had run in this mode before.

Regards,
Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa . uiuc . edu