[Paraview] XML - .VTS File Errors

Chris Hood Chris . Hood at noaa . gov
Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:37:24 -0600

   When trying to save a structured grid loaded from a .vtk file to a xml
file (.vts) I get the following error:

There was a VTK Error in file:
C:\kitware\ParaView\ParaViewComplete\ParaView\Widgets\vtkKWApplication.cxx
(407)

     Script:
writer SetFileName C:/Documents and Settings/My Documents/1test1.vts
     Returned Error on line 1:
Object named: writer, could not find requested method: SetFileName
or the method was called with incorrect arguments.
There was a VTK Error in file:
C:\kitware\ParaView\ParaViewComplete\VTK\IO\vtkXMLWriter.cxx (243)
  Write() called with no FileName set.

   Also when I try to load xml files (in binary or ascii format) that I
created, Paraview crashes. Are these bugs in paraview or is something set
wrong? I'm trying to test the xml files I've been creating to make sure I
did it right.
   Thanks.

Chris Hood
Graduate Student Research Assistant