[Paraview] aix build

Berk Geveci berklist at nycap . rr . com
20 Oct 2003 15:08:01 -0400

> Trying to build paraview for a friend on an IBM I690 and get the following
> error that I dont know
> how to fix:
>
> "vtkbwidget.h", line 1469.1: 1540-0872 (s) A string literal cannot be
> longer than 32765.
>
> I guess there is a long string in vtkbwidget.h. Anyone in AIX land know if
> there is a compiler
> switch that will allow longer literals? I could not find one. Anyone in
> paraview land want to fix
> the issue in vtkbwidget.h and send me a copy?? :).

You have to change two files to fix this:
Widgets/vtkbwidgets.h
Widgets/vtkKWBWidgets.h

You'll see that it already breaks the bwidgets string into 4
(bwidgets1, bwidgets2, bwidgets3 and bwidgets4). You have to
break them into more pieces. Once you get it working, send
me the fix, I'll put it in ParaView proper.

-Berk