[Paraview] W2K mpi run

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
14 Oct 2003 13:13:12 -0400

> It almost runs out of the box, but when compositing in on, it creates
> two OpenGL windows stuck in the upper left corner of my display and I
> cannot move them. The end result is that 1 window is completely obscured
> and compositing gets only trashed data.
>
> Is there something in setup that I have missed to be able to move the
> windows freely on the screen?

You did not miss anything. There is no way to do it as far as I know.
I never investigated why this happens. I guess it has something to
do with the way the window is created (and also probably with the
fact that there is no event loop). If you have more than one window
on one display, you have to use offscreen rendering.

> Other problem: If I use guiMPIRun, my satellite windows don't appear at
> all, so the display is completely boggus.

Yeah, I have seen this happen. You have to change the property of
the mpich service (I think there is a check box that reads "allow
interaction with desktop" or something similar). Make sure that you
restart the service afterwards.

-Berk