[Paraview] Textures

David.Pont@ForestResearch.co.nz David . Pont at ForestResearch . co . nz
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:43:51 +1300

Thanks Berk,

  You say it is possible to do this ...in ParaView... using Tcl.... Can you
clarify the relationship between ParaView and Tcl?
'File | Export VTK Script' outputs Tcl. Do I need Tcl/Tk (wish*.exe)
installed seperately from ParaView to run this script?
I also see tcl83.dll and tk83.dll in the ParaView install dir so it seems
ParaView has bundled up Tcl/Tk into DLLs for its own internal use.
Is there a way for me to get tcl scripts interpreted by these dlls?

 I am very keen to learn about adding modules using XML. Is there a way to
search the archives? or do I just grab the full archive and text search it?

regards
    Dave Pont

|         |           Berk Geveci      |
|         |           <berk . geveci at kitw|
|         |           are.com>         |
|         |           paraview-admin at pa|
|         |           raview.org       |
|         |           13/11/2003 02:41 |
  |       Subject:  Re: [Paraview] Textures                                                                                        |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

No support for textures at the moment. Feel free to add it to the
bug tracker as a feature request. I don't when we can get to it
though. Of course, it is possible to do this (in ParaView,
single processor) using Tcl but then you are back to VTK programming :-)
I can give you tips on how you can get to the tcl objects if you
want. Also, it is really straightforward to add readers to ParaView.
You don't have to stick to Raw File Reader (which is vtkImageReader).
Look through the archive for a few messages I posted on how to add
new modules to ParaView using XML configuration files.

-Berk

On Tue, 2003-11-11 at 17:53, David . Pont at ForestResearch . co . nz wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have ParaView 0.6 release 1. Is there a way to load a texture and
then
> to apply it to an actor (vtkActor::SetTexture) ?
> Do I have to use Source | Raw File Reader to load a texture?
> The closest to SetTexture seems to be View | Source, Color | Color by
which
> allows Point scalars or Property.
> Am I asking for a new option somewhere around here that says 'Texture'?
or