[Paraview] parallel file strangeness.

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa . uiuc . edu
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:40:31 -0600

Hello paraviewers,

I am having some problems with paraview when I read in .pvti files. First
off, I have a structured
points .vtk file that I read in with paraview. I then save the file data to
local disk on the cluster as
a .vti file ( the other option is a .pvd file and I get the same behavior
with that). I use one ghost
level when I save. The read of the .vti file goes fine. I have problems
when I try to do a
celldatatopoint data filter followed by a coutour filter. I get an error
from process 0 that says
The UpdateExtent cannot be filled. Then the client cant talk to the server
any more and the
game is over. Now I can do all of this if I read in the .vtk file instead
of the .vti file. Everything
works great in that situation. I do have to wait a bit longer for the read
though. So I am wondering
if others have had similar experience. It is not a problem with file size
as the failure is repeatable
across several file sizes. Anyone got any ideas? By the way the threshold
filter works just
fine regardless of how I read the data.

Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa . uiuc . edu