[Paraview] can not find channel named "stderr"

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
09 May 2003 11:10:49 -0400

> I have written a paraview reader module that works fine on linux.
>
> On windows, using the latest pre-compiled binaries for paraview
> (release .6), and the vtk pre-compiled binaries (4.2), I get the
> following error when I start up ParaView:
>
> ::paraview::load_component ... can not find channel named "stderr"
>
> Ideas?

It looks like ParaView could not find the component (the shared
file for the module you are loading) and tried to print an error
on stderr. Since there is no stderr on the Windows build, you
got this error. We'll fix the bug. However, you have to figure
out why ParaView could not load your library.

-Berk