[Paraview] file formats and stereo viewing

Georg Icking-Konert georg@cream-tea.de
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 23:27:09 +0100

Hi,

Berk, actually my plan was to avoid recompiling the (Win) version of
Paraview which I usually have problems with... ;-)   Anyway, thanks for
your advice! In the meantime (and thanks to Charles) I have succeeded
in using Paraview to produce stereoscopic images. :-))  So just in case
somebody else has a similar problem: The trick is to enter the
following commands

RenWin1 StereoCapableWindowOn
RenWin1 SetStereoTypeToInterlaced (or SetStereoTypeToRedBlue, or ...)
RenWin1 StereoRenderOn

either directly into the command box ("window" menu) or via load
session from a *.pvs file. While Paraview complains that the stereo
option needs to be specified prior to displaying a rendering object it
still complies.

Thanks again, folks!

Georg