[Paraview] sample XML file

Robert Ferrell ferrell at diablotech . com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:15:29 -0000 (GMT)

<quote who="Brad King">
> Robert,
>
>> I'm using the VTK XML format, and I even tried the XML sample at the
>> bottom of the VTK doc (http://www . vtk . org/pdf/file-formats . pdf).
>> Since I'm new to VTK and Paraview, I'm surely doing something
>> trivially wrong, but I can't figure out what.
>
> I've discovered that when one cut-and-pastes the example from the bottom
> of that document, some spaces are left out which combines some
> consecutive ascii data values together.  The lack of an error message
> given by ParaView is a bug that I've just fixed.  I've attached the
> correct form of the data file for you to try.

Thanks for the file.  Even with that file, Paraview still crashes when I
try to open that file.  I'm using the 0.6 release, precompiled for
Windows, on W2K.  Is that perhaps the problem?  Do I have to build the CVS
version?

thanks,
-robert